PLYR USER GUIDE, TROUBLE SHOOTING & FAQ’S
- Quick Start Guide
- What’s In the Box
- User Controls
- PC Setup
- SKULL-HQ SETUP & Firmware Updates
- Mobile Setup
- Xbox Setup
- PlayStation Setup
- Nintendo Setup
- PLYR FAQs
- Warranty and Accessories
QUICK START GUIDE
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- PLYR Headset (Multi-Platform Stereo Wireless Gaming Headset)
- 3.5mm Aux (5ft)
- USB-C to USB-A (6ft)
- Removable Boom Microphone
- Removable & Adjustable Headband Strap
- Quick Start Guide
OUT OF THE BOX, your PLYR has a removable sticker on the left earcup with user control instructions.
What devices can I use my PLYR with?
PLYR is a wireless and wired headset, and can be used with:
- Laptops and PCs equipped with Bluetooth, a USB-A port and 3.5 mm aux or combo jack (one jack for
- Audio and Microphone purposes).
- Xbox One controllers
- Xbox Series X|S controllers
- PlayStation 4 console and controllers
- PlayStation 5 console controllers
- Nintendo Switch Consoles and Dock
- Smartphones and Tablets equipped with Bluetooth and a 3.5 mm jack.
- If you have a laptop or PC that has separate jacks for Audio and Microphone purposes, you will need an additional cable known as a PC splitter cable.
PLATFORM SET UP OPTIONS
PC SETUP OPTIONS
- Connect the USB-C to USB-A cable to the USB-A port on PC.
- Connect the 3.5mm Aux cable to the PC 3.5mm aux port
Connect via Bluetooth by pairing headset to your Bluetooth enabled PC(see Bluetooth pairing instructions)
For Wireless Ultra-Low Latency, connect your PC with the PLYR Wireless Transmitter (Sold Separately, see PLYR Wireless Transmitter User Guide link: )
PC AUDIO AND CHAT SETTINGS(USB CONNECTION)
Recommended for Gaming with Chat Platforms:
- Set your audio in/out on your chat platform to PLYR(Chat), then your PC also to PLYR(Chat)
Recommended for Gaming and Streaming Audio
- Set your PC sound settings PLYR(Game) for gaming/streaming audio and your chat platform to PLYR(Chat)
PC AUDIO AND CHAT SETTINGS (BLUETOOTH CONNECTION)
- Gaming or Streaming audio, set your PC audio settings to (PLYR Stereo)
- Gaming with chat platforms, set your PC and chat platform settings to (PLYR Hands-Free AG Audio)
SKULL-HQ SOFTWARE & FIRMWARE UPDATES:
- PC requirement of Windows 10 or higher
- Download from skullcandy.com, here.
- Once connected to SKULL-HQ, if your PLYR is not running the latest firmware version, you will be prompted to perform a firmware update.
- Future PLYR firmware updates with instructions are available via SKULL-HQ Software
- SKULL-HQ Software will automatically download updated desktop application versions
MOBILE DEVICE OPTIONS
Connect PLYR by pairing headset to any Bluetooth enabled mobile device (see Bluetooth pairing instructions)
- Connect your PLYR to any mobile device that has a 3.5mm aux port
XBOX SETUP OPTIONS
PLAYSTATION 4 & 5 SETUP OPTIONS
- Connect the USB-C to USB-A cable to the USB-A port on the PlayStation console.
- Connect the 3.5mm Aux cable to the PlayStation controller’s 3.5mm aux port
- For Wireless Ultra-Low Latency, connect your PlayStation with the USB- APLYR Wireless Transmitter (Sold Separately)
NINTENDO SWITCH SETUP OPTIONS
- Connect PLYR to Nintendo Switch via Bluetooth
- Connect the 3.5mm Aux cable to Nintendo Switch’s 3.5mm aux port
- Connect the USB-C to USB-A cable to Nintendo Switch’s USB port located on their dock
- Connect with the PLYR Wireless Transmitter to the USB-A port on Nintendo Switch’s Dock (Sold Separately)
- Slide the Power Switch to the Middle position
- Voice Prompt “Power On / Ready to Pair”
- LED is Black
- Hold Power Switch in top position for 1sec until voice prompt “ready to pair”
- Release switch after voice prompt “ready to pair”
- Go to your PC or Device’s Bluetooth settings, add PLYR as new device.
- While in Pairing mode, LED Blue blinking
- Voice Prompt “Connected” if pairing was successful
- If pairing connection unsuccessful, LED Red
- Bluetooth Pairing successful, LED Blue
- Once paired to your PC or device and if connection is disrupted you will hear “Disconnected” voice prompt.
- Once successfully paired to any Bluetooth device, PLYR will automatically connect to that device upon power-up.
- Slide the Power Switch to the Middle position
- Voice Prompt “Power Off”
- LED Purple
- Connect the included USB-C to USB-A cable to PC or Console
- LED Red until 100% charged
- LED turns Blue when 100% charged
- Low Battery is at 10% level, LED Red blinking
- Volume wheel located on underside of the left-earcup
- Volume Up - Scroll volume wheel up
- Volume Down - Scroll volume wheel down
MICROPHONE MUTE ON/OFF
- 1 x Press lower left-earcup to Mute
- 1 x Press lower left-earcup to Unmute
- Sidetone is ON as default out of the box
- Long press lower left-earcup to switch sidetone OFF
- Voice Prompt “Sidetone Off”
- Long press lower left-earcup to switch sidetone ON
- Voice Prompt “Sidetone ON”
SIDETONE VOLUME ADJUSTMENT
- Press and hold volume wheel for 4sec until voice prompt “Sidetone Mode”
- Sidetone Volume Up - Scroll wheel up
- Sidetone Volume Down - Scroll wheel down
- To switch back to volume mode, press and hold wheel again for 4seconds until voice prompt “Volume Mode”
REMOVABLE BOOM MIC & HEADSET SECONDARY MIC
- Boom mic is removed from the headset out of the box
- Secondary Mic is located internally on-board the headset and is unmuted until boom mic is inserted
- Insert boom mic into the underside of the left-earcup boom mic port. Make sure the boom mic LED is facing upwards.
- Once the boom mic is inserted in the headset, you do not need to unmute the mic. The mic is in unmuted mode by default until manually muted by 1 x pressing lower left-earcup.
- Removing the boom mic during usage will mute your secondary mic.
- 1 x press lower left-earcup to unmute secondary mic
PRESET EQ CYCLE
- Short Press Volume Wheel
- Cycle through EQ preset settings
- (There are 5 Presets on-board the headset, additional presets are available in the SKULL-HQ Software)
PLYR headset has the below 5 preset EQs as recommendations only
- Default (This is Skullcandy’s “Tuned for Gaming” Supreme Sound)
- FPS (First Person Shooter)
- RPG (Roll-Play Game)
- Music (Skullcandy’s recommended EQ for music)
Custom (Defaults as a flat EQ for customization) NOTE: Default, FPS, RPG and Music present EQs cannot be changed
Additional EQ Presets are available in SKULL-HQ Software
MMO (massively multiplayer online)
1x press left upper-earcup button
- No user action needed, just make sure your mic is unmuted
- 1x press left upper-earcup button
REJECT INCOMING CALL:
- 2 x press left upper-earcup button
- 2 x press left upper-earcup button
2 x press left upper-earcup button
Does PLYR require charging?
PLYR has a battery, therefore charging is required. PLYR can alsodraw power from the USB-A cable connected to PC or Consoles and the battery will continue to be charged while connected.
Is PLYR’s microphone removable?
Yes, PLYR’s boom microphone is removable and is unattached from the headset in the box. You can find the boom mic placed on top of the plastic package located between the PLYR headset earcups. You attach the boom mic to the port located on the underside of the left earcup
How do I adjust my game audio and chat audio mix?
PLYR does not have specific button on the headset to adjust your game audio / chat audio mix. You can adjust your game/chat mix volumes within Skull-HQ software.
Please download and access the Skull-HQ software, here.
Can PLYR connect to a mobile device via Bluetooth while gaming on PC or Console?
Yes, this is Dual-Connect, and means you can be wired connected to your PC, or console and simultaneously connect to any Bluetooth enabled mobile device. This allows you to game on your PC or console and stream media, chat on Discord, Twitch or any chat platform and also take calls via your mobile device.
Is PLYR a surround sound headset?
PLYR is a stereo headset. There are features available on certain devices that can provide this headset with simulated surround sound. When used with an Xbox console or on a PC, it is compatible with Windows Sonic. When used on a PS5, it is compatible with Sony’s 3D Audio feature.
How do I customize my headset's settings?
You can customize your PLYR audio and chat settings via Skull-HQ Software for PC (Please download Skull-HQ here
Is PLYR compatible with SKULL-HQ Software and a mobile Skullcandy App?
Yes, PLYR is compatible with SKULL-HQ Software and the mobile Skullcandy App.
How do I reset PLYR’s hardware
Hold the power switch in top position for 10seconds and release
How do I restore PLYR to factory default settings?
Hold the power switch in top position for 6 seconds and release
How do I clear the PLYR paired devices list
Hold the power switch in top position for 4 seconds and release
FIRMWARE UPDATES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE MOBILE SKULLCANDY APP AND SKULL-HQ SOFTWARE FOR PC
You will be informed of firmware updates or FOTA (Firmware Over-The-Air) updates when you link your product to the Skullcandy App. You will be guided through a 3-5 minute firmware update process to get on the latest headset firmware version.
You will also be prompted to upgrade outdated headset firmware when you download and access Skull-HQ software for PC.
FIND YOUR LOST HEADPHONES WITH THE TILE™ APP
To make sure you never lose your Headset, we’ve built Tile technology into PLYR.
The Tile® Finding Technology is really easy to set up and will allow you to locate your Headphones if you’ve misplaced them or if they’re ever taken.
When searching for missing Headset, you can also use the Tile™ APP to sound a tone from your headphones to help you locate them.
First, you’ll need to download the Tile™App for this feature to work. Once you’ve downloaded the Tile app follow the on-screen instructions to connect the Headset so they are trackable.
Then, activate Tile on your PLYR, 2 x press left upper-earcup button.
PLAYTIME / BATTERY LIFE & CHARGING:
BATTERY LIFE AND GAME PLAY TIME IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, HOW LONG DOES THE PLYR LAST?
- There is up to 24 hours of play time in the headset
WHAT IS THE TOTAL CHARGING TIME FOR PLYR VIA USB-C CHARGING CABLE?
- 2 hours charging the headphones to 100% via USB-C cable
DOES PLYR HAVE SOME SORT OF FAST CHARGE?
- YES! – PLYR has Rapid Charge technology via the provided USB-C cable.
10 minutes of charging via USB-C = 4+ HOURS PLAYTIME
CAN I CHARGE PLYR WITH MY SKULLCANDY POWER ACCESSORIES/PC/LAPTOP?
- Yes. Pretty much all USB-A to USB-C charging cables will work to charge your PLYR Headset
WHAT IS THE TILE® TRACKING FEATURE AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The TILE® Finding Technology feature will allow you to locate your Headphones if you’ve misplaced them or they have been taken.
- You will need to download the TILE App for this feature to function with your device, and it is very easy to set up!
- When you’ve downloaded the App and are ready sync your headphones, follow the simple steps in the TILE App to get started.
WHAT IS THE BLUETOOTH RANGE OF PLYR?
- You will be able to listen up to 30+ feet (10+ meters) away from your paired device, though your connection experience may vary based on your environment.
WHICH VERSION OF BLUETOOTH DOES PLYR USE?
PLEASE BE SURE TO REACH OUT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE FILING A CLAIM, WE CAN LIKELY HELP YOU QUICKLY TROUBLE SHOOT AND SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM***
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY HEADSET BREAKS OR IS LOST?
- If it is a manufacturer's defect, Skullcandy has you covered with a 1-Year Limited Warranty.